The Venture Match Program connects MIT-connected ventures with MIT undergraduate students for internships during the Independent Activities Period (IAP) and Spring semester. MIT undergraduate students & MIT-connected startups can create a profile and connect for internships.
Undergraduate students explore internship opportunities and apply on InnovationOne. Ventures are notified when students apply for their posting and can review and select their interns.
Best of all, there is no cost to participate.
- Venture Eligibility. Ventures must be “MIT-connected”. This means a founder or key member of the executive staff is an MIT alumnus/a, faculty member, or staff member.
- Over IAP & Spring semester, eligible ventures may hire up to 3 eligible MIT-funded interns, respectively.
- To maximize applicants, ventures should post an IAP deadline between January 4th and 15th. Please remember IAP interns must complete 80 hours of work during the month of January. For Spring internships, we encourage ventures to post deadlines no earlier than mid-January.
- Student Eligibility. Selected interns must be current undergraduate students at MIT and must not have been awarded the $1,900 Experiential Learning Opportunities (ELO) funding award at any point previously through any ELO program (including non-venture match programs).
- During IAP, interns must work a minimum of 80 hours between January 1, 2021 and January 31, 2021 and will be funded $1,900 from MITii. During the Spring semester, interns must also work a minimum of 80 hours between February 16, 2021 and May 20, 2021, and will be funded $1,900 from MITii.
- Students: Make sure to update your mailing address in ATLAS to receive your funding award!
Interested? Register above. Wait 48 hours for approval, and, once approved, log in to the InnovationOne Portal using the link in your verified email inbox.